Until now, DIY parts were mostly for professional use and required complicated procedures and tools. LABRICO have created DIY hardware to make DIY easier.
The 2×4 Adjuster can be mounted vertically to create vertical DIY storage in your home. If used as a single post you can hang decor, mount Dyson vacuum, hang pictures.
No tools needed!
Freestanding or Lean Against the Wall
The Labrico 2×4 Adjuster bracket gives you the flexibility to setup a vertical post anywhere in the room. It can be in the middle of the room, in the corner or against the wall.
No Wall Damage
Build storage and shelving space without needing to drill, screw or nails into the wall. No need to find the stud or to patch & paint.
Heavy Duty Brackets
With a 20kg load bearing weight, you can hang and fasten heavier items safely.
Even when fixed vertically, the ceiling and floor are not scratched because of the non-slip padding. It can be used safely in your home.
What are People Saying?
2x4 Bracket Installation Instructions
Check the strength of the ceiling at the installation location and measure the height of the ceiling. Prepare 2×4 timber post (*) that is 95mm shorter than the height of the ceiling.
* Commercially available 2 × 4 material (38 × 89mm)
Place the top cap and bottom cap onto the 2×4.
Stand the timber post vertically and tentatively determine the location.
Turn adjusting screw clockwise until secure against the ceiling.
Note: Don’t over tighten
Note: From time to time, check the tension in the top bracket
Complete! Various uses are possible, such as arranging as pillars or combining other parts to make a shelf.
Depending on the structure and strength of the ceiling or the floor material, the ceiling or floor may deform and cause the adjusting screw to loosen. Therefore, check the adjusting screw a few days after installation, and later about once a week.
If loose, turn the adjusting screw clockwise as viewed from above to apply pressure to the ceiling cap to create tension onto the ceiling for a tight fit.
- The product is for indoor use.
- Do not use it in a place exposed to direct sunlight, high temperature and high humidity such as a bathroom
- Do not use the product to hold hazardous objects, valuables and other objects that may be damaged, in order to avoid emergencies
- Do not climb on or hang from the product – serious or fatal injury can occur from misuse
- Adhesion of deodorant, fragrance, cosmetics, hairdressing product, acid detergent, alkaline detergent, fats and oils and organic solvents (e.g benzine, thinner) will result in degradation and deterioration. Those substances must be removed immediately.
- Do not paint the product
- The product is designed exclusively as a vertical tension rod. Do not use it horizontally.
- If an abnormality, such as damage and cracks, occurs in the product, stop using it immediately. We do not provide compesation for failures, damage or accidents owing to force majeure, such as a natural disaster, aging degradation, modification of the product, failure to comply with these instructions, and misuse. Please read these entire instructions before use.
- Do not use 2×4 timber which is bent or warped
- Only use on flat floors and ceilings
- Do not install on inclined floor or ceiling
- The contact surface should be larger than the surface of the products (upper cap and lower cap)
- The withstanding weights are the experimental value. The figures could be reduced depending on the installation surface, location, the 2×4 materials used, or installation method
- Upper cap of the adjuster must be used on the upper side of the 2×4 material – upper cap of the adjuster must make contact with the ceiling, NOT the floor
- Use both the upper cap and the lower cap
- Do not paint the product – it can cause degradation of the material
- Check weather the contact surfaces (both of ceiling and floor) will have enough strength to endure the tension force of the products. You can check this by knocking the ceiling and floor by hand, confirming that the surfaces do not bend, shift or crack
- Do not use the products in areas such as a door or window frame, where vibrations can occur
- Do not install the product horizontally
- Do not use the product outdoors
- The adjuster can loosen over time. Please regularly re-tighten the adjuster’s screw
- Do not cover the jack part, so as to allow you to check the looseness of the jack
- Do not change or modify the arrangement of the attached washers and spring
- Do not modify the products in any way
- Do not use the products in extremely high temperatures or extremely low temperatures
If a load is applied to one side of the pillar, it must not exceed 20kgs or 44 lbs. Otherwise it may fall over. (The weight of the shelf plate is included if it is used).
The working load is an experimental value. It shall not be guaranteed because the condition changes depending on the installation location or the wood to be used.
- Please note that the specifications and the product appearance are subject to change without notice in order to improve quality.
- The product was manufactured and delivered with utmost care. Should you, however, find a defect, please contact using contact information.